Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapons Help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weapons Help!!!

    Brand new to this game & not a regular gamer so I might've missed this topic, but is it just me or is this game insanely hard to get weapons??? I'm only like 2% into the game & I'm still only with a pipe, wrench & the baseball bat but I've tried looking @ videos on YouTube & all the videos I've seen, the people who post them are all around the same mission as I'm currently doing but yet, their weapon arsenal is packed with everything! You can't fight the zombies with the weapons I mentioned because it takes about 10 wacks to kill them & these weapons damage so quick. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing how to upgrade the weapons or create new ones???? I've played both Dead Islands so I know you can upgrade but when I played those 2 parts, I had a decent amount of weapons at this same level of only 2%. So I am doing something wrong with Dying Light or is this game just insanely hard & annoying with the weapon modifications????? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  • #2
    Also, you can't even really concentrate on killing zombies cuz every chance you think you have, you're surrounded like like by 10/15 zombies.

    Comment


    • #3
      Alrighty, so, weapon drops in Dying Light depend on your 'survivor' rank. In general, you really just progress the game to get better weapons, there is no point in trying to rush for great weapons because you need to complete missions in order to level your 'survivor' rank. Just play the game, and you'll start to find much, much better weapons, trust me, if you point in the time for this game, it is incredibly rewarding and extremely fun! Good night and good luck!

      Comment


      • #4
        I have to agree with the OP. I guess people are just grinding out the game by playing it without completing any objectives. I'm on my third attempt to play the game and I'm on level 6-7 for the three skill trees and I'm picking up weapons which do 25-45 damage, and I can occasionally craft a weapon from the blueprint list you start with, but they only last half an hour.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Rylander View Post
          I have to agree with the OP. I guess people are just grinding out the game by playing it without completing any objectives. I'm on my third attempt to play the game and I'm on level 6-7 for the three skill trees and I'm picking up weapons which do 25-45 damage, and I can occasionally craft a weapon from the blueprint list you start with, but they only last half an hour.
          Hello Rylander. In Dying Light, as I said before, the damage the weapons you find, the toughness of the enemies you encounter, is all based on your 'Survival' rank. So if someone were to just grind the same enemies, and upgrade their skills, sure, they'd unlock new perks, but because they're not completing quests, and their Survivor rank isn't increasing - then all they'd be getting is EXP for their other skill trees, and the same weapons over and over again. That is why not doing missions in Dying Light isn't really an option. I hope this helped. Good night, and good luck!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EJP715 View Post
            Also, you can't even really concentrate on killing zombies cuz every chance you think you have, you're surrounded like like by 10/15 zombies.
            Hey mate, I'm new as well, I just avoided them for a really long time and just completed the quests as they came up, you'll get stuff soon enough, it goes from being really hard to far easier.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EconomicClub View Post
              Hello Rylander. In Dying Light, as I said before, the damage the weapons you find, the toughness of the enemies you encounter, is all based on your 'Survival' rank. So if someone were to just grind the same enemies, and upgrade their skills, sure, they'd unlock new perks, but because they're not completing quests, and their Survivor rank isn't increasing - then all they'd be getting is EXP for their other skill trees, and the same weapons over and over again. That is why not doing missions in Dying Light isn't really an option. I hope this helped. Good night, and good luck!
              I literally just got it. There's separate XP for Survivor, Agility and Power. I assumed that doing different things got you points for different things, but I only just got what you were saying, that the Survivor rank levels up your weapons drops. I'm going to prioritise the missions that have that listed as a reward.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Rylander View Post

                I literally just got it. There's separate XP for Survivor, Agility and Power. I assumed that doing different things got you points for different things, but I only just got what you were saying, that the Survivor rank levels up your weapons drops. I'm going to prioritise the missions that have that listed as a reward.
                Hello Rylander! I just wanted to apologise if I worded my previous posts poorly, anyway, I'm glad you got what I was saying. I hope I helped, good night, and good luck!

                Comment

                Working...
                X